Our business practice focuses on closely-held companies, family owned businesses, and franchises.
Our clients rely upon us for thorough analysis and excellent two-way communication so that we may provide them with practical solutions to sometimes complicated matters.
We not only use our many years of experience but often our creativity in order to provide the best results.
Our services include:
We assist our clients in the appropriate business arrangement to minimize liability and tax exposure, as well as increase growth potential. Initial documentation includes:
- Certificate of Organization for limited liability companies
- Articles of Incorporation for corporations
- Docketing Statement
- Operating agreement or Bylaws
- Members agreement or Shareholders agreement
- Application for Employer Identification Number
We negotiate, draft, and review commercial agreements, otherwise known as contracts, that arise during the business cycle. These agreements include:
- Employment agreements
- Stock purchase agreements
- Asset purchase agreements
- Real estate purchase agreements
- Business agreements specific to your business
- Franchise agreements
- Settlement agreements
We structure and negotiate various types of business transactions. These transactions include:
- Joint ventures
We assist both employers and employees in addressing employment related matters, including hiring and termination. These matters include:
- Employment agreements
- Hiring practices
- Firing practices
- Employee handbooks
We represent franchisors and franchisees. Our representation of franchisees includes negotiating franchise agreements and assisting in general business matters. On behalf of franchisors, our representation includes:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for general business matters
- Drafting franchise disclosure documents
- Drafting franchise agreements
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state laws
We represent sellers, purchasers, landlords, and tenants in real estate transactions. We draft and negotiate documents, including:
- Real estate sales and purchase agreements
- Other documents specific to real estate
A word from one of our clients...
I was so impressed by Ken's genuine caring for our clients and his legal expertise that I continued to refer Ken to numerous clients over the years.John Barbour Business Owner
Benefits to Our Clients
We have worked with our clients from the inception of their business until their end. As such, we have been side by side with our clients through struggles and meteoric growth, through closure to sales of their business at significant profit, or passing on their business to their loved ones. We work with them every step of the way.